On International Beer Day impress your friends and loved ones with your never-ending knowledge of all things beer.
- Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids while consuming a healthy amount of beer. About 4 liters a day, to be exact. I always knew it helped with creativity.
- Ancient Babylonians took the seriousness of brewing to a whole new level. If a bad batch was made the brewer was drowned in it. At least it didn’t go to waste.
- Vikings believed that a giant goat resided in Valhalla whose udders were filled with an unlimited supply of beer. Sounds like heaven to me.
- The Czech Republic is the beer drinking capital of the world. Each Czech drinks an average of 40 gallons a year. My flight to Prague is booked.
- Beer does a body good! It contains a high level of silicon which increases the calcium deposits and minerals for healthy bone tissue. Feel free to keep pouring that beer over your Fruit Loops.